B&W 804s vs. Von Schweikert VR4jr

Has anybody had the chance to listen to / compare these two speakers? My local shop really pushes B&W and no one around here carries VSR. I listened to the 804S and liked them well enough, but I'm a huge fan of the VR4 (originals) which I had the chance to hear a few times about 9 years ago. I'm assuming that the jrs of today would be similar to the VR4 from back then (probably lacking some in the low end, but similar). I'm looking to the smaller ones simply because my wife isn't interested in having speakers as large as the VR4 in our room.

Anyhow, any advice / experiences you can offer would help. I'm assuming that I would like the jrs more based on my other VSR experiences (I listened to their entire line). However, not having had the chance to compare directly with the B&Ws, I'm relying on you guys for some help.

Thanks.
cowscmhm
I'm powering my VR4JRs with a 75 watt/channel McIntosh MC275 which actually supposedly measures at 90 Watts/channel. For what it's worth, I formerly powered them with a 300 watt/channel Bryston 4BST and I prefer the Mcintosh by a wide margin.
I heard both at different dealers with different (but similar class/league) gear and cables. My nod goes to the VR-4 JR. But as mentioned you should use a good amp on the JRs and also lead shot them and break them in at least 400 hours to hear the potential. Used/demo pair of JRs (Mark I) can be found on Audiogon quite cheap these days. Not sure how good the Mark II sounds over the Mark I. If you like surprisingly realistic musicality at a modest price around 2k, you can't go wrong with the VS JRs. You will have to look very hard to find something that can compete in that price range.

Good luck !
Thanks everyone for you input. I went with the VS Jrs (purchased on Audiogon). As I mentioned before, the 804S sounded good enough to me, but they didn't blow me away as other VSR models had in the past. So, I'm taking a chance on a speaker I haven't heard, but I'm pretty confident I'll like.

I would have liked to listen to some of the other suggested speakers, but in this area (Buffalo, NY), the choices are pretty slim.

Anyhow, I think my mind was mostly made up. My wife thanks you all for pushing me over the edge to make the purchase. Now she doesn't have to hear about it anymore....until I tell her that I'm now looking for a new amp...

Thanks again.
Cowscmhm,
The same local store will push McIntosh and Audio Research just as hard as B&W. Resist their efforts. Both manufacturers offer nice gear. However, there are better and less expensive options for you to consider including VAC, BAT, Quicksilver, Cary, CJ, et.al.
Good luck.
Congrats! I would like to add that it takes a few weeks or more to realize the best that VS speakers can offer. I have slowly inched my VR $JRs around and little by little I have found the best spot. Also, the do develp a richer midrange and slightly deeper bass as they break in. Have fun!