B&W 804: Big improvement over 704?

I recently bought at Sim integrated amp and am now looking to upgrade my B&W 704 speakers. Are the B&W 804S speakers a significant improvement? I've enjoyed the 704s a lot but I find them to be somewhat harsh, so am looking for something less so, and more musical.
rfprice
Take this opportunity to explore and audition outside the B&W line so you will be confident with whatever you end up doing. Check out the usual suspects, Von Schweikert, Vandersteen, Devore,...
I have owned several paris and still own a pair of 805 Signatures and a pair of Nautilus 804.
Your speakers are definately forward, i would never call them bright or harsh.
They are very easily toned down with cabling or tweaks.
They should be a pretty big improvement over your current speakers.
I would highly recommend them as i would like imaging, detail and accuracy over the opposite any day.
Good luck and have fun.
the 704s are definitely an aggressive speaker in the high end. The 804s will give you a more balanced sound, but are still prone to sounding bright if the electronics lean that way. As someone who's been wedded to the B&W brand for a long time, I'd suggest being really sure you want to stay with them since you are at a point of making a change.
Being a Von Schwiekert owner, I would recomend the VR$jr's. If you want to stay with B&W and want less harsh, try the 803d. The diamond tweeters are less harsh.
Jeff