B&w 803s. Vs nautilus 802

Hi I was wondering what was people's opinions on which of these is the better speaker. If you had a pair of 803s would you trade them for a pair nautilus 802. Give reasons why you think one is better than the other. Can you even compare the 803s to the 802n ?
joehernandez509

Showing 5 responses by stringreen

802 is a better speaker, however, it offers weak bass with little extension, fuzzy mids, and overpriced.
Misssioncoonery, and Rhljazz.....I owned the B&W 802's. I gave them to me as a gift when my wife died. I just loved the looks of them....the top reminded me of a woman's part. I stand by what I said about them....they have a wonderful reputation...though I know not why. Thanks Vanderstringreen
Goatwuss...yes they were set up correctly....and yes, they lasted 6 months....too long. After 4 months, the right tweeter needed replacement which B&W paid for...but which I did (very easy).,,but uncalled for with an expensive product. They were driven with a big Ayre amp and preamp.
Bombay...I'm a professional violinist...there is nothing wrong with my hearing and I know what music supposed to sound like. ..just for the halibut, listen to the Maggies, Vandersteens, et all...but better yet...go to some live concerts.
I like the Rowlands, and the Vandersteen 5A's, but they don't work well together. Try Ayre or Audio Research...sometimes McIntosh with Audioquest Sky/Everest cables. ...however, I think you should put your money into B&W speakers....I know ....I'm the Chief