B W 802N how much power?

802N are on the way....currently i have a Levinson 335
250 watts/8 ohms... do we find that is adequate...i have heard mixed comments...
128x128rocky

Showing 2 responses by snooker14

I powered my 802N with a Classe 200 for a while but I always felt there was a little something missing in the bass. I ended up getting a Classe401 and found that little something that was missing in the bass. Interestingly enough, I had a conversation recently with a dealer I know who sells both Classe and Levinson. I really love my Lev.380S preamp and wondered if I should try to sell my Classe and get a Lev. 336. He thought that would not be a good idea. Lots of lost money for no clear gain. I suggest you listen to the 802Ns for a few months with your 335....you will be happy. Then when you are ready, look for a more powerfull amp ( at least 400W ) and try it. I have a big living room for mine, and I suspect that has something to do with the extra power making my bass deeper.
Rocky, if I had everything you have and I was still fishing, I think I would want to try the Levinson 33 mono amps and the 32 Reference preamp and....... oh, what's the use. I'll never be able to stop.
You have a fine system....enjoy it!