B&W 802D vs Focal Kanta 3

Hi everyone - 

Although I'm not comparing equivalent models between B&W and Focal, which speaker would you choose.

The B&W 802D is the first of their diamond series, up to D3 now. Seems like the equivalent Focal speaker would be the Sopra 3. Where the equivalent Focal Kanta 3 speaker would be the 803D3.

Also, I'm a bit confused between the difference of the Focal Kanta 3 and their Sopra 2.

What are your thoughts on this discussion?

Please, lets keep it to just these speakers, and not go off on any tangents

Thanks in advance.
onehorsepony
There are a lot of great speakers with different designs which cover a wide array of listener sensibilities.  How each are utilized and matched with the end users equipment and room add yet another level of sonic variability to the equation.  Knowing how best to utilize any given transducer for maximum benefit to any particular audiophile is the key!  Far too many brands get labels from certain sectors of the audio community as sounding a particular way, under any circumstance.  Most speakers require appropriately matched gear and environments.  Having actually owned quite a variety of speakers with a broad range of electronics gives me a slight edge in identifying some key aspects of certain brands, but results and expectations are always a moving target.
I have 802 D3’s and can say that everything dave_b said about them is 100% true. Funny how you really can describe how a speaker sounds in words. 
I brought home the kanta 3 store demo's and got no bass below 80 hz in my room, a huge 10 db peak at 100 hz then bass dropped like a rock. They say bass below 2-300 hz is room dependant, but all the other 'full range' speakers i've had down here reach at least 60 hz. 

I brought the kanta 3 home because I really liked the mid and high fq's smooth and detailed presentation and their ability to play old rock recordings without harsh highs I used to expect from focal speakers. If you're using a sub or have a bass friendly room they're great.
Had the Kanta 3’s and now have the 802D3’s.  The Kanta 3 speakers were ok but just not involving upon extended play.  On some classical music it sounded ok but overall it imparted a dry, slightly greyish presentation without the air/sparkle, dynamics, low level detail and accurate tonality that the B&W’s give me.  Soundstaging on the 802D3’s is also far more layered and spacious...tremendous lateral spread and depth.  A live recording becomes full of energy, punch and presence with exquisite low level cues to add excitement which allows you to suspend belief that your not in front of a live band!  If you like a tame, more laid back sound, then go Kanta:)
Well, the Kanta uses Focal's flax drivers, while the Sopra employs their W cone drivers.  From what I understand, the flax drivers are fast as all get out, but the W cones have more impact.  Also, the Sopra has a different and supposedly superior implementation of the beryllium tweeter.