B & W 801 S3 Crossover Upgrade

Hello fellow Goners!! I originally posted earlier an inquiry if anybody knows if North Creek Music Systems are still in business. I think I’m going with they are no longer in existence. If anyone knows different, please post your input here. Are there any diy’ers who have either upgraded their own crossovers that would be willing to share the recipe or going one step further, anyone have blueprints/schematics to the North Creek Ultimate or Junior upgrade recipe? Thank you in advance.
128x128luvrockin

Showing 2 responses by sabciu

I have a pair of 801 Matrix Series 2’s amd am also considering Crossover work. I saw the eBay offering and am wondering how they would compare to what the Northcreek Music folks used to offer?? It would be great to hear from people who have done the eBay upgrade! 
I pulled the trigger on the upgrade. Eugen actually builds and ships you a new crossover, so you get to keep your old one. He offered a Series 2 or Series 3, but I went with the Series 2. It’s going to take him 2 to 3 weeks I guess. I’ll be doing some critical listening with my 801’s S2’s as is. According to Frank VanAlstine, the S2’s had a crossover issue which B&W addresses on the S3. I have NOT performmed the recommended fix to them just yet, but Frank was nice enough to email me the PDF of what I need to do. Once I get the new X-Overs, and have had some time with them, I’ll come back and post my thoughts. I have my fingers crossed! 🤞