B and O Turntables

Can someone with real-world experience let me know if the above tables are any good. I believe I am looking at RX or LX models from my limited research thus far. My reference point would be Rega 3.
lindisfarne
On a business trip to St. Louis I visited a local authorized Tascam repair shop on the premise of buying a 1/2 track BR-20 reel to reel deck. The store also repairs many other brands of audio gear and upon a tour given to me by the owner stumbled upon Beogram 8000 and 8002 tables. I picked up the 8002 with a very good MC-2 cartridge. The owner cleaned it up and fully tested it while I was there and it worked just fine. I should have it by the weekend.
Perhaps someone can chime in here. I'm smitten with the design of the Beogram 4000 series, and, as I'm looking to get a new table, am seriously considering it with one of the better Soundsmith cartridges. The price for a good example and cartridge edges close to used Clearaudio Emotion territory, which is the other table I'm considering.

Aside from the obvious convenience features (not to be overlooked), how would a Beogram 4002 with an MMC20CL compare to an Emotion with something like an Aurum classic?

thanks!
I've just acquired Beogram 8000 with MMC 20CL cartridge for under $500. It was in a very good condition, probably as good as it could be considering the age. Beogram 4000 or 4002 would cost just as much, perhaps more due to the rarity. I think Clearaudio Emotion + Aurum would cost considerably more than Beogram, and it is not a fair comparison.

As far as the sound go, it's probably hit or miss as most B&O tables are very old and the condition will vary from one end of the spectrum to the other. MMC 20CL cartridges are superb, and they are probably as good as any $500 TT + cartridge combo. However I don't think the detail retrieval is as good as good MC cartridges.

I love my Beogram 8000. It is magnetic drive, and there is no motor or belt to worry about. The build quality is great, and the design is timeless after nearly 30 years. 4000 series is another timeless classic and I don't think you'll regret getting one.
I've been using the 8002 for a couple weeks now. It is dead quiet and with the MMC-2 cartridge sounds very good.

I might have gone a bit overboard but I also just picked up an 8002 in superb condition with a barely used MMC 20CL.

I have to agree anyone looking for a "budget" table that is an overachiever should consider the higher end of the Beogram line.

On another note now I'm curious about their CD players. They use the TDA-1541 chip with 4x synchronous oversampling. Sounds like a good recipe for analog sounding digital. Might be worth a try to find out.