Ayre-cx-7eMP vs. Naim CD5SI Player

Hello folks, I’m getting a new Naim Supernait 3 and I have an Ayre-cx-7eMP player. Good shape and Ayre states will be able to be serviced in the future if necessary. I like the player and the performance. I’m looking for input on compatibility from you, the Audiogon family. In your opinion, will the Naim CD5SI with DIN connections, high quality manufacturering with a newer DAC equal or surpass the performance of the Ayre technology from 2009?

Naim dealers are encouraging me to keep the Naim synergy. Cabling is another issue but I have been informed by several dealers that the newer Naim circuitry has made it easier for cable matching. We can discuss cable matching and preferences further in the thread but for starters let’s discuss the differences in the two players.

The Ayre has been very good in my system. Prior to now it was mated to the Ayre K-5xeMP so that synergy was perfect. I have read much literature, seen many videos and spoken to Ayre about the performance of the Cx-7eMP. Ayre loves to talk to their customers. Big plus for Ayre - the separate power supplies for digital and analog sections. Fully balanced however I understand the Supernait 3 converts it’s signals to balanced as well. So I’m looking for your guidance, please.

Speakers are Totem Forest Signatures.

N

nutty

Showing 3 responses by tomic601

big fun ;-) enjoy the music and the journey..let us know how it all comes together
Casa Pacifica  is system w Atom. i have used it driving Vandersteen Treo CT via Kimber 12 a Litz with no issues. I call it the 40 wpc mulekicker. The streamer and dac are quite musical. I have it connected to a 4tb Synology NAS. the input you got on the NAIM speaker lugs is spot on. My Kimber dealer had some slightly oversize bananas that worked for me. Currently it sees just preamp duty w analog in via Audioquest Fire RCA and AQ Water RCA out to tube poweramp.

https://systems.audiogon.com/users/tomic601

On the Unitiserve / NAS system ( similar to Core ) I use bnc to rca spdif cable to the dac. That cable is Audioquest but Nordost Silver shadow ( nos ) quite good also.

have fun, enjoy the music..
i have gear from both firms…but not in same system…. i would be inclined to stick w Ayre. i would live w supernait, get that sonic baseline fully sorted then explore…..

btw, a decent bit perfect ripper and server into a good dac will destroy most CD players…..see NAIM Core….. just my buck fifty…