Ayon CD-2 sonics? thoughts? opinions?

I heard Ayon released the CD-2 at CES .
It's previously only been available in Europe.

Anyone hear it ? see it?
thoughts or opinions welcomed
don
donpark1439

Showing 4 responses by audio852

Ayon Audio was at CES 09 in Suite 30-128 - They had alot of nice amps & CD's. I listened to the CD-2 and it was glorious. Super micros - yet very three dimensional, transparent, very musical. Ayon told me the CD-2 will be available in February 09 - That is when they will begin to ship. The Ayons are definately not made by Raysonic, Ayon introduced the CD-1, 2 years before the Raysonic came out.
By the way the CD-2 looks totally different, a larger chassis, digital in, analog volume control, 24/192 user controlled upsampling and the puck is built in to the cover. Really nice.
Donpark1439 - Ayon was using Gabriel Gold Cables, Echole Cables & Clarity Cables. I listened to the different systems using the different cables and they all sounded excellent.
I emailed Ayon Audio USA www.ayonaudiousa.com and they told me that the Ayon CD-1 will still be available in the North America. They explained that eventually the CD-1 will go to the CD-1S, a lees expensive model, no balanced XLR, different chassis & look, a lower cost different unit altogether. The CD-2 is coming out in North America in mid February 09. Retail is $5500.
Hi Donpark1439,
I am an Ayon Aficionado and so are a few from our audio group. I'm not with Ayon, but I sure know I have sent them many customers, I think their gear is great. I deserve royalties here!