Axpona 2022

I attended the show yesterday. I did enjoyed it   My favorite room is the Nenuphar,room with silversmith Cables.I think they are using Pass labs or ayre gear sorry I can’t remember..For the first time magico Speakers And synergistic Cables impress me big time..Audiokinesis Plexi box speakers sounds are mimicking the nenuphar basis 26 k. The Piega room with Rose gears is amazing.

128x128jayctoy

Showing 9 responses by audition__audio

And out come the militant Klipsch contingent proving once again that they are the audiophile equivalent to Harleys enthusiasts.  Just one persons opinion of a speaker of all things. Relax, enjoy your Klipsch and be happy. Relax, heavily modify your Klipsch and be really happy.

Yeah it doesnt make sense to take CDs to these shows any longer. So I just take vinyl. If you think you will continue with CDs in the near future get ready for some really good deals on exotic transports.

Yes the speakers used in the Atma-sphere room were single driver designs with thin plastic like enclosures. The drivers looked like Lowthers to me with whizzers. 

Speakers: Atohm (best buy), Salk (another best buy), Mon, Rockport, Acora (bit bright). New (to U.S.) speaker made in Latvia whose name escapes me.

Electronics: Engstrom and AGD, great speakers in these rooms also. 

Only had 1 day was sick on Friday so missed the opening day languishing in my hotel room.

What do you mean "what is Klipsch thinking"? I think they know very precisely what a good chunk of their audience wants and expects. You have to play to your greatest strength. 

To the best of knowledge Mon are new to the U.S., but I am sure you could contact them directly if truly interested. His top tier speakers struck me as a real bargain. Dont forget those stands which may be critical are going to be expensive. 

I tested 3 times with rapid to confirm that I didnt have covid before going to the show and you dont have to thank me for doing the right thing. I hope we have moved passed these type of platitudes.

One pair of smaller Stenheim speakers ($ 72K) sounded excellent with tubed electronics from Sweden or one of those other cold places. The very big Stenheims sounded very boxy in one of the larger rooms with, I believe, S.S. electronics. 

With the speakers used in the Atma-sphere room I couldnt gather any impression about the amps and associated electronics. The AGD room was superb, although I wouldnt call their amps Class D.