Axpona 2022 what impressed you?

I'll start. The Borrensen 01 playing Otis Taylor 'Resurrection blues' was stunning! I also enjoyed the Legacy Aeris on the first floor playing Nils lofgren 'Keith don't go'. In the smaller rooms there was a $4k pair of speakers with what looked like 18" woofers and a horn tweeter that performed well. While the kef ref 3 sounded harsh the ref 5 in a similar small room sounded great just reminding me how much incremental set up affects the demo. I only had a few hours on saturday and missed many rooms due to crowds and would enjoy hearing others impressions from the show.

128x128steve59

Showing 2 responses by mgattmch

The ATC room demonstrating SCM100ASLT speakers, for me, probably the best sound of the show value for money considered. Of course if money is no object, the MBL, Avantgarde and Krell demonstrations were about as good as things get IMHO. I was also impressed with the B&W 801D4 demonstration, strange choice of music, but, the speakers sounded wonderful and the guy giving the demonstration/talk was very interesting and informative.

I was so blown away by the ATC demonstration, I am thinking about replacing my Magico A5 speakers and McIntosh MC312 power amp, with a pair of stand mount SCM100ASL speakers in piano gloss black.