Axpona 2022 what impressed you?

I'll start. The Borrensen 01 playing Otis Taylor 'Resurrection blues' was stunning! I also enjoyed the Legacy Aeris on the first floor playing Nils lofgren 'Keith don't go'. In the smaller rooms there was a $4k pair of speakers with what looked like 18" woofers and a horn tweeter that performed well. While the kef ref 3 sounded harsh the ref 5 in a similar small room sounded great just reminding me how much incremental set up affects the demo. I only had a few hours on saturday and missed many rooms due to crowds and would enjoy hearing others impressions from the show.

128x128steve59

Showing 1 response by audioman58

Having been to many  shows and setting up systems when I was a dealer ,to be fair to all ,they should all have to bring a spl meter and all rooms should be max under 88db.which is fairly loud  For several reasons. In smaller rooms too many hard reflections ,and hard sounds because of this, also to not impede on other systems in other rooms , also it’s a known fact that 90 db + spl  level creates hearing loss over accumulated time.

vendors should be at the end of hallway so all the disturbing chatting won’t disturb musical demo’s.  That’s just from my experiences .  For Everyone pays monies to present their products , and people go to listen . Common courtesy goes a long way !!