Axpona 2018

Went again this year and found the show to be larger, higher quality sounding rooms than previous shows. I have been to many brick and mortar stores which have good sounding rooms, but at Axpona this year many rooms were better sounding than their store show rooms!

My best sounding large room was the VAC/Von Schweikert Audio/Esoteric, room. The Wilson room with the DCS stack was also very good. My best small room, and there were many, was the Gershman Accoustics room, their new speakers were sounding great with top end electronics. Also, I was impressed with NOLA room again.

128x128jab

@jab and @raceone

Thanks for your impressions on the HHR Exotic.  Hopefully he was demoing the single-driver crossover-less full range model based on the Ohm A or F.  He also has a smaller two-way with a conventional woofer.  I'm drawn to the time and phase coherence of the Walsh driver, but am a little concerned that the HHRs are dynamically constrained due to the excursion limits of the driver.  By contrast, the MBLs play much louder, but sometimes reveal discontinuities in the crossovers between multiple drivers.

@ jab, wasn't the hhr speaker's used with krell equipment?,  did anybody listen to krell?
Post removed 
With respect to the HHR Exotics, I was disappointed in how they sounded as they were too bright. After talking with the company they were extremely disappointed in how they sounded at the show. The room was too small for them and didn’t lend itself right. In case anyone was wondering and has an old set of Ohm F’s with destroyed surrounds, HHR will use them and rebuild them to their design for around $8k. I love the show for the exposure, but I’d like to hear them, along with a lot of the other systems, in a proper room setup.
Post removed 
AXPONA 2018 is set for April 13th through 15th at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center. AXPONA's new state-of-the-art venue will feature an expanded Exhibit Hall plus a new Record Shop and Master Class Theater. They will once again offer something for everyone – from the novice music lover to the seasoned audio expert looking to enhance their sound with the latest technology. MYBKExperience