Awful sound from B&W's: Break In needed?

I've bought a new pair of B&W 602 S3 and they are sounding awful with my COnsonance CD120 and Arcam A80. I think they need a lot of breaking in, or otherwise something is wrong with my system. The sound is harsh, and the midrange is shut in. Have you guys experienced something similar? Can I expect to get a really better sound from my speakers after the break in period?
figueiredops
Let them play for the maual's suggested break-in time, and if they still sound bad, get rid of them! Trying to "fix" the rest of your system will only lead to stress and expenditure. I'm interested in whether you auditioned these before you purchased them?
Post removed 
I had a pair of 703 that I "broke in" for 4 months, still harsh, even with tube gear. I ended up selling them.
i go with 1st impressions,if i hate a peice of gear as soon as i get it its outta here,i had the same experience with b&w speakers,i dont think your sound will change enough if your unhappy right from the start.
Thanks Bojack, Gretsch6120 and Tvad. I'll give them a chance to surprise me...If the sound continues to be harsh after 1o days, I'll do an upgrade to audience 52 or something else. In the $1000-1200 range, which loudspeaker do you think really stands out?