AVIA test dvd with PDP433CMX

Can all the basic test patterns on the Avia Guide to Home Theater disc be used on a plasma monitor or are they only for CRT type TVs? I have tried using the disc to tune my plasma but the sharpness and contrast controls have no effect on the test patterns.The monitor is a pioneer pdp433cmx.What color temp setting is the closest to 6500K for a good starting point to tune the monitor?I am currently using the med low setting.Thanks for the help
nerspellsner
If you really want the best out of your television contact an ISF certified callibrator. For $300-400 you will get the best picture quality your monitor can produce. Considering the cost of the television, the cable/sat service, expensive interconnects, and all other associated equipment it is a small investment with big returns.
I use the test patterns when HBO or similar is off the air in the middle of the night.---Down in the right hand corner---you want to be able to just barely make out the 'grey' box--between the two black boxes.---It is a start.