Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 vs Quad 12L

Hello,

Very skeptical about the AURUM CANTUS LEISURE 2….
Brand from China, second guessing with my first experience,
Please advise and describe sound of AURUM CANTUS LEISURE 2 if possible because when I heard of the Swan M1 Monitors, they all said Smooth Ribbon sound, warm , relaxed and musical.

Well I have been listening to Apogees for years now, big ribbon buff, I also had the Divas ones for years so I hope you know where I am coming from, the Swans I bought was nothing to what people had described, they said let it burn in for over 80 hours, and guess what I did.
Its was hopeless, I did not like it and will never buy any of that line again.
The original Mission for $150 were better to be honest. The fit and finish of the swans were good and that was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am now wondering how would anyone describe the comparison between these two
AURUM CANTUS LEISURE 2 and Quad 12L?

I have no options to audition the AURUM CANTUS LEISURE 2 where I live so….

Thanks and appreciate solid state amplification responses with the system if possible

Thanks
rapogee
One of my audio pals ran Leisure 2 SEs for over a year until he got his present Gradients. (He had Exposure SS amplification but switched to Kora tubes.) He also had Quads--don't remember if it was the 12 or the 22--but felt the AC speakers were much better. I had a couple of sessions with his Leisure 2 SEs and thought they were great: remarkably good in the bass for such a small speaker, and wonderful, pristine highs all the way out to forever.

Note, that was the Leisure 2 SE. He also had the Leisure 2 model, in the rectangular cabinet. It was less transparent than the SE and more coloured in the mids. It still had great highs, and seductive mids despite the colouration.

Hope this helps.
You can try the speakers from Raw Acoustics in Surrey, B.C. I believe there is a demo pair of HT-3s floating around in Ontario. You'll have to get a hold of 'em to confirm that.
is there a reason you would ditch apogees's for either of these? maybe i don't entirely understand if this purchase is in addition to.....if you are looking for a great small speaker with a silky smooth character try a gradient prelude.
Hi Jaybo,

I will never ditch my apogees, I already have a custom made coffin for them to be placed by my side of the grave. I did sell the Diva’s and I cried for weeks. I did not have room to accommodate a 6 feet tall speakers any more so….. I have a pair of Mini Grand with the last edition ribbon placed with the Mahogany trim and I also have Sonus Fabers but I need something for my bedroom so…..something much smaller with good looks

Thanks