Aurender A10 vs Teac NT505 vs Lumin T2

Any thoughts out there on how these compare? I am looking for MQA, so that is a must, these all do it. I don’t care about Roon or differences in the interface (they all would work fine for me), just looking for best sound quality. I will use it for internal Tidal streaming and either the internal storage or USB stick for my own files.  They all do it.

Any input is appreciated!
acurus

Showing 3 responses by big_greg

I heard a T2 at a local hifi store and thought it sounded fantastic.  It was in a completely different system from mine, so no way of comparing apples to apples how it compares to my TEAC NT-505.  What I can say is that at less than half the price, the NT-505 sounds fantastic compared to the Bluesound Node 2/Auralic Vega combination that it replaced.  

As far as the app goes, I'm an Android user, and I thought the app sucked.  The TEAC app is basically a re-badged version of the Lumin app.  The Lumin app works with the TEAC also, and that's what I was using.  It would take minutes every time I started the app to "find" the NT-505, which was really frustrating.  I replaced it with BubbleUPnP, which cost $5 for the version with no ads and works wonderfully.
@kren0006 Are you using the Android version or the Apple version of the app?  Could just be some peculiarity of my network, but I experienced the same issues on both my Android phone and tablet.
I've had zero issues since I started using the BubbleUPnP app which leads me to think it's something with the Android version of the Lumin app, but it could have been something else.