Audioquest speaker cables

I am looking to upgrade speaker cables and wondered if anyone has compared the Audioquest William Tell bi- wire cable with the Robinhood bi-wire.  What improvements (if any) did you notice?

128x128bwguy

Showing 5 responses by tomic601

both models of AQ you cite are available in  copper or silver. I use a 30” pair of silver in my Reference system, a 7’ shotgun biwire copper set in my other system.

BTW i have a set of now ancient AQ Type 6 in a shotgun biwire configuration that have literally 25 k miles on them…i loan them out so people can experience a true shotgun solid core biwire cable…. i lost count but 7-8 audiogon members have tried them… @bigkidz Peter might comment. Right now they are somewhere in Michigan….

Best to all

jim

winning vs learning…. pretty much any AQ wire can be configured in a true external biwire configuration, including a factory shotgun biwire configuration…and yes, they cost 2x.

I don’t recommend an internal biwire configuration, not for AWG reasons, but because it negates MUCH of the advantage of biwiring which is to get the HF wire 3-4” away from the expanding / collapsing field of the LF wire. 

I looked at your system, i think the copper might sound better w brick fireplace and the B and W tweeter. Save some significant $ You could also try single cable w jumper to ease in cost wise, then add 2nd run later.

jim

Yes. Both @ctsooner ​​​​@gdnrbob have the better AQ after hearing both. 

15’ is a significant performance hit, no matter the cable - i am sure you are aware.

Yes the AQ can and should be two sets of cables, so no concern about awg.

hope this helps, enjoy the journey and the music. Rutan at @audioconnection can demo both.

jim