Audiophile Speakers for Rock, HipHop and Techno

I love many genres of music. Having a hard time finding a speaker that sounds great with hip hop, techno and rock. Suppose I should mention I've auditioned the Dynaudios Hertiage Specials and Sonus Faber Oylmpia Nova 1s. They sound fantastic with classical, acustic guitar, female voices etc... But what audiophile speaker ..especially at the 7-8k price point doesn't. Idk..  Im starting to think I need two sets of speakers. Sonus Faber Olympica Novas sound beautiful...then maybe a pair for other genres of music. Any suggestions for speakers that sound great for hip hop rock and tecno? I'm only able to do bookshelves...and I do have a pair of RELs already.

My pwr amp is a coda no.8 v2 @ 250w

tmac1700

Showing 1 response by james633

Do you highpass your subs? If not I would start there. 

good speakers are good speaker but stand mounts (passive) just don’t have the dynamic output need in the lower bass and this Is where the high pass comes in. 

You need dynamic speakers imo and that often goes with high efficiency. Stand mounts are not high efficiency… maybe try to demo the JBl 4349. Music direct has a 60 day trial period on them.  

On a personal note I have liked my revel 228be with subs on heavy bass/dynamic music. The 128be or 226be might be worth a try. Again 60 day trials at both music direct and crutchfield with no question asked returns. The revel have a bit more upper mid energy where the Sonus Fabers are a touch down (1-3khz) and seem to have a bit more bass impact but less bass volume, if that makes sense. Flatter but harder hitting, less warm and round. Very subtle as all these are pretty flat.