Audiophile Receptacle question

Hey guys. So I'm about to convert my garage to a home studio/listening room. Amongst other things I plan to get at least 4 new receptacles isolated to the breaker.  I'm looking at Furutech and Synergistic Research -Tesla Plex. I'm hoping to get good results with my equipment. But I was wondering if receptacles like these would provide any improvement on say my guitar amps? I also am a musician, as well as a professional music listener lol. Would love to get some input from others on this. I know these things are targeted for high end equipment, but would a vintage guitar tube amp not be considered high end of audiophile? It would be awesome if they made a sonic difference when I'm recording my music. Thanks
jerzey2222
zyphryx15 posts

10-03-2019 3:18pm

@jea48
and yes; Romex is a brand name. I was using it like I would say "I need a band-aid" instead of saying "I need a sterile adhesive strip" or kool-aid instead of powdered drink mix or Kleenex instead of boxed tissue.

@ zyphryx
I meant no disrespect. Read any of my posts, I always say Romex is Trade Name for NM sheathed cable. Even when it is me that mentions Romex in a post. Been doing it for years.

Best regards,
Jim

I am using all Furutech Rhodium NCF outlets and I think they are the best made and remember they are made exclusively for audio applications. Once installed you can rest assured that the outlet will never be the weakest link.

I have owned most of all the others except the SR blue. Which does interest me because I like the blue fuses.
But, I just can’t get over the selling price and the fact they are basically an off the shelve item that has been tweaked.

ozzy
So glad you posted this right now Ozzy. Reason being is I just received the SR blue in the mail today and from a boxed standpoint and over all appearance, I'm not that impressed. There was no lititure in the box and the actual receptacle looks like it was used almost. I am actually impressed with the appearance of the PS audio receptacles more. The clamps inside do look like nice raw copper and they are more beefy than the PS audio. But what actually makes this thing so expensive? Is it really this quantum tunneling bs they claim? Is this a real thing? And if so how does it all work? I honestly bought this thing because I read alot of people liked the way they sounded of other hi-end receptacles. Unfortunately I won't be able to test them before the 30 day guarantee. I hope I didn't just buy snake oil lol

What makes them so special? The details on the outside actually look sloppy imo. Maybe I can post a picture on here?
Post removed