Audiomods Is A Great Company

Awhile back I reached out to Jeff at Audiomods about the possibility of getting a low mass arm for my Ortofon MC2000. Jeff did some figuring and if he dipped into his inventory of previous generation Audiomods parts he could build me an arm that came in at the single digit mass range. Does this mean 9 grams? Or lower? I wasn't going to try to brow beat him into an exact number, but I knew I had a viable candidate that could balance the heavy 11 gram cartridge. 

Well, life got in the way and there were some unexpected events. But last week I decided to reach out to Jeff and see if this could still happen. I got a yes answer. So I am on the build schedule for an arm in early August. Will have the VTA micro adjuster, and all silver wiring. 

Looking forward to this project as the MC2000 is one of my favorite cartridges. It does certain things that very few if any cartridges can do. I thought I might be able to live without if with the Verismo on one table, and the Proteus getting situated on the SOTA when the OL arm arrives. But I decided I just did not want to have this cartridge on the sidelines. So here we go. 

neonknight

All Jeff has to do is drill out more holes!

Kidding aside, the MC2000 has a lovely sweet and delicate portrayal of music. 

Totally agree! Jeff is one of the good guys in this business. I have 3 of his arms and his service and commitment to his customers is second to none!

Last week the low mass version of the arm built arrived. I have it temporarily set up on the table, but I need a spacer as the Scheu arm board is just too low. this is a problem with the Schroder arm I have on it also. But Jeff has fabricated one for me and it is in the hands of the Royal mail service. Can't say enough good things about the man. 

Even so i can temporarily set up the MC2000 with a shim and I have it playing. This is a pairing that works nicely together. This combination sounds effortless together, and the texture and tone of the bass region is fabulous. There is so much detail and expression in this region. Vocals are uncolored and the top end is detailed without being etched. No issues tracking either.  Everything i had hoped for. 

For what an Audiomods arm sells for, it is hard to imagine a better value in analog. I am certainly enjoying this one. 

Hey Neon,

I have wanted a turntable I could mount a Schroder LT or Reed 5T on and nothing out there has the features on the Cosmos Eclipse Vacuum. A few days ago I had a brilliant Idea. I am going to take a Sota Millenium Vacuum, remove it's suspension, mount it on a Minus K platform with a Reed 5T and a Schroder LT. I can trade my Cosmos in on the millenium taking a little of the financial strain off.