Audiogon resolutions for 2022 - #1 less exaggeration when it comes to system changes

I enjoy the information presented on Audiogon, especially when posters talk about minor changes (or tweaks, which is a word I don't really like) to their system. (I also like the comedy). The problem is when everything is SUPER IMPORTANT and impactful, nothing is, relatively speaking.

I propose we institute a new scale for system changes (or even specific individual component upgrades) similar to how used records are graded. Here goes the grading system:

A - heard a strikingly positive, noticeable change as soon as the stylus hit the record

B - heard a positive change as soon as the stylus hit the record

C - hear an audible, minor change as soon as the stylus hit the record

D - was able to hear an easily noticeable improvement when comparing back and forth to previous state

E - was able top hear an improvement over previous state comparing back & forth

F - when listening intensely and comparing, was able to hear a slight improvement versus previous state

G - when comparing was barely able to hear an improvement 

#2 - keep all political opinions off Audiogon, we can hear enough of the garbage all over the place

Whaddya think?

sokogear

Showing 1 response by jjss49

@sokogear

nice thought, worthy of consideration for all, but i suspect this new year resolution will go where countless others before it have...

... by the way, did i tell you i put my $900 fuse into my amp, and the sound was sooooooooooooo good, soooooooooooo improved, it was like my cleaning lady powerwashed my patio windows, and someone removed all my ear wax (which filled up a 2 gallon trash bag), and i have thus cancelled my season tix to the symphony and sfjazz and tf green center live performances this coming year, just so i can be home listening to my stereo every night - frank sinatra, wes montgomery, john coltrane, claudio arrau and aretha franklin are now all back from the dead and performing in my home in front of me!!!!

😂🤣😅🙏

happy new year to all 🤪