Audio Research reference amplifiers used with RCA IC`s and unbalanced preamplifiers

I am considering purchasing used audio research reference amplifiers either 150se or 75 SE. My question is this

As these amplifiers are fully balanced and don't have an RCA input, can I use RCA interconnects with a conversion plug from RCA to balanced at the amplifier input and will it work in my system?

I don't have any balanced interconnects and don't want to go through the extra expense. Only one of my three preamplifiers has an XLR output and there's nothing indicating the preamplifier is fully balanced.

I find this balanced/ unbalanced criteria confusing.

nsp

ghdprentice

yes just peaks at 85db . If the music goes to continuous spl over 80 db I turn it down to 80db or less. I am aiming for the system to sound best at 70db -80db.

Thats one of the important points about getting better gear. To be able to listen at a lower spl level and achieve maximum enjoyment .  

@ghdprentice ​​​​@nsp I too aim at sub 80 dB sound levels, but my ‘shots’ seem to drift up a bit. It just sounds better with a bit more oomph. Then too, I may be a bit deaf as well. A condition likely exacerbated by the very same SPLs. Good thing that I have only myself to please.

Edit: I turn it down (or up) at 90 dB; that is, if it is playing over 90 dB it is a temporary condition because I want that track to shake walls. And I want my system capable of such performance, if I ask for it. 

I pulled out my sound meter right after my last post. I think the average was 66db  with peaks to 71db. It was at a completely satisfying level. I found the better my system got the less the need was for volume. 

I did the same.  My listening levels average 80 db with peaks in the low 90's.  It's tough getting old.