Audio Research Ref: CD8

I understand from speaking to Audio Research there is a CD8 now. CD8 has an upgraded power supply and DAC from the CD7. I have my CD7 at ARC for the power supply upgrade now.

Does anyone know more about the CD8?
wsill
I was thinking about that as well.This is a bit off topic but I have a different system now and need to update my system profile. I am using an Intergrated SET 84C that I made from kit. It only puts out 1.5 watts in Triode and about 5 watts per channel Pentode class A,bUT THE SOUND IS INCREDIBLY TRANSPARENT.I am getting some high effecient crossoverless 2 way speakers next week with 95DB effecieny.
Parker Signature 95 speakers from Parker Audio.
The only other upgrade I need now is my source. So I wanted to get the best cd transport I can get my hands on
regardless of price,But have also been looking at some mod
services available on the web. I.E. Musical Fidelity A5 with a $1,800.00 mod done to it.
We shall see
Last friday my CD 7 was upgraded by ARC Holland ( Europe ),I brought it in and after 2 hours all was finished incl. testing .Total costs NONE , service .Today I replaced the 5881 tube by a NOS GE 6L6GC , which tube was recommended by my local ( not ARC ) dealer .The sound is as Wsill described . Only no burn in time.I already replaced all the 6H30 by DR types.I think everything is better than it was before the upgrade .
Greetings from Holland , a happy CD 7 owner ( even the REF 3 and PH 5 )
Well mine CD7 finally is done too. Conclusion: I was listen to crap for the last 2 years. But different from most you guys I knew. My original CD7 was magical before the problem with the PS, after fixed (previuos upgrade) became just lifeless. Now it's back. I will listen for a week or two to check if it will match the original sound I had once.

Dynamics, extensions, details all raised but mostly now it's much more toneful correct and clean. It's sad ARC took so long to correct it.
I have had a chance to listen to the CD-8 for the first time this past weekend.

One thing I was affraid of was that the CD-8 will be brighter than the CD-7. It is not. It is much more transparent, but it is not brighter. It still has a lot of bloom and texture that made the CD-7 so special.

Compared to the CD-7, CD-8 allows you to hear much deeper into the recording, soundstage is deeper, there is more resolution and air, image outlines are much better delineated. CD-7 sounds as if it was a bit of of focus.