Audio Hype!!

Well I have to be honest,I love high end equipment and all the fun tweaking,and trading,and trying out new stuff. However, it has much hype behind it because I think that we all understand by now that--we are never totally happy with any one piece of gear. By hype I mean we read great reviews of some cable and the miracles that it is suppose to create,but we know deep down(if you have any experiance in this hobby)that it never stands up to our expectations once we use it for some period of time--that is just an example but I believe this holds true to all equipment--and then we sell and try the next flavor of the week which is normally just a side step VS. an upgrade of the last piece we owned. Its a vicious cycle does it ever end?(I know that question is like asking why the earth exists and there is no answer)However, my question is have we just created this illusion of what we wish 99% of the products out their should do, while at the same time damaging our checkbooks to prove the illusion wrong?
matrix

Showing 1 response by kristos4362

Just chuckling to read all the hype about the Hi-end audio gears and reading the same sort of statments from my friends and seeing how one can blow away the hard earned money to the greedy dealers and distributors and the manufacturrers. I have very good friends with excellent electronics background with whom I consult often on. As an example, LAMM amps for $30K does not cost 1/10 to buld it and is not woth paying that much when you can get someother for very good sound for 1/10th e price of the LAMM. The room acoustics plays such a big role in all this music hearing that even with the most expensive gear for a total of $250K will not sound good. With most of us not affording to go that far it is stupid of us to fall for it. It is imprtant to be happy with what one has- happyness does come form outside us- it comes from inside. I have a gear for $20K I am not changing it...