Audio Horizons fuses.... won’t buy them again...

I’ve bought 5 Audio Horizons Platinum fuses a couple of months ago, for my amps, speakers and DAC.
Three days ago, coincidentially, the 5A fuses on my mono amps (Rogue Apollos), blew at the same time on start up. Replaced them with the OEM fuses, and everything works again.
I have a very good electrical installation, with independent lines for each amp, a no surges or anything strange occurred. My speakers, Evolution Acoustics MM3s are always ON, and nothing happened to the fuses on them.
I emailed Joseph Chow inmediately and his response was to send the fuses back to him (at my cost, I live in Ecuador...), to repair them for $70/each, plus shipping.
I have paid $138 for each fuse in October, and no warranty?... what a shame!!!
Won’t buy these fuses again, NEVER!!!
128x128leog2015

Showing 12 responses by leog2015

Viridian: Aren’t the fuses in my Evolution Acoustics MM3s protecting the Class D amps for the subwoofers? 
30 days is what it takes shipping to Ecuador...
Bad customers service, to say the least.
Increasing the amp value of the fuses will be dangerous for the amplifiers, don’t you think? I will always prefer to protect my equipment, not the fuses.
Sometimes, you have to make EXCEPTIONS, just to keep clients happy, and replacing a pair of defective fuses wouldn’t have been a big problem for Mr. Chow...
By the way, the OEM fuses are working perfectly.

This is a copy of the email from AH:

”Hi Leo,

That's weird, no sure if the storm around your area cause the power surge.
Is this happening right after power up?
We see less than 0.01 % rating failure in our sales record and we only provide one month warranty.
However, please check the current rating and either slow or fast blow in your original stock fuse.

We can reworking your fuse once it return and cost $70 each plus shipping.

Happy holiday! “
If voltage variation was the problem, why didn’t the AH fuses in my speakers (always ON), did not blow?
Mr. Chow never asked anything, just asumes that it was my problem, not a pair of defective fuses... almost impossible to believe that two fuses of the same batch blew at the same time... such a coincidence!!! I’m in the 0.01% of the losers group... and the winner is...Mr. Chow!!!
Dear miko71, I think that you are disparaging Ecuador... Am I wrong?
if you read my original post, you can see that the only fuses that failed were the AH ones.
When I paid that kind of money for a fuse, I thought I was buying QUALITY, not just audio quality. 
The quality of the product was bad, but customers service quality was AWFUL.

Once again, an exact copy of the email that I’ve received from Mr. Chow:

”Hi Leo,

That's weird, no sure if the storm around your area cause the power surge.
Is this happening right after power up?
We see less than 0.01 % rating failure in our sales record and we only provide one month warranty.
However, please check the current rating and either slow or fast blow in your original stock fuse.

We can reworking your fuse once it return and cost $70 each plus shipping.

Happy holiday! “