Audio Desk Vinyl Cleaning System

Can anyone comment on the Audio Desk Vinyl Cleaner?
I just came across this today on the web when I did a search on ultrasonic vinyl cleaner. I am looking for a quiet record cleaning machine. I have a nitty Gritty machine but it is too noisy.
almandog

Showing 2 responses by br3098

Does the world really need another piece of audio jewelry disguised as a record cleaner? Where should I put it - next to my Porsche design stainless steel and lucite hand mop?

This looks like an interesting way to clean records. But, based only on my cursory look at their web site, I question whether this system will clean very dirty (aka typical garage sale) records very well. I doubt that the microfibre pad (called a cleaning tape) will clean all the way to the bottom of the grooves. This might be a great system for keeping new and pristine records in top shape for playing, but not for this boy at the prices listed.
Gents,

Sorry, I should have clarified that my little rant ("...audio jewelry) was in response to Thuchan's note on the LR1 unit, not the AudioDesk.

But the reports about the poor reliability of the Ultrasonic cleaner are disappointing. I have thought about building a similar cleaner, only using Megasonic transducers instead of Ultrasonic units which can pit and etch vinyl and other materials.