Attempting to configure 5.1 with current gear and new Anthem unit-

New Anthem surround replacing older Arcam.  Cannot figure out how to get all five speakers (left, center, right and two rears) to play.  Have CJ Pre, Power and Phono Pre--basically working in two channel mode for vinyl and CDs--  Put in new Anthem--my tech cannot figure out how to get all to play in surround mode-5.1--(I guess unless I add addl set of speakers, left and right--which wasn't necessary prior. and sound would suffer-along with space issues.)
It seemed to me my old tech from years ago had sussed this out--but I am in a jam.   Also attempting to get OPPO DVD player and Comcast TV feed into mix.  If anyone has a clue, please chime in.  My current universal remote is a MX780-- need less to say, I wasn't expecting this, and I am not a tech guy.
Thanks---Thoughts???????  
bluesnbike1954

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I am confused.  Do you have all 5 speakers in the system currently?  Was the set up guy using the ARC (with the microphone, etc)?
I wonder if he is using the ARC.  I am not sure how that would
d work with 2 amps in the system.  I think the OP is a bit clueless here and probably should seek out an installer who has familiarity with Anthem, as I suspect his does not and is probably unwilling to admit this to his customer