Atma-sphere MP-3 Mk III vs Alnic L-10000 OTL linestage + Allnic phono aotl

Anyone compared or owned,  i am in market for steep upgrade. Allnic is impressive but much $.   Atmasphere is transformer-less too.  much less money.  i have horns and do only vinyl.  most classical and small combo jazz and female vocals.   Would you share your experience in my search?  Many thanks
ml89009

Showing 1 response by luisma31

I had an atmasphere mp-3 over a year and then upgraded to an mp-1, For the money it is hard to find something better than an mp-3 for both analog and linestage, excellent preamp, the phono stage if you have RF around your place or EMI sources and you are not not using a good phono cable could pickup some external noise, the phono stage is designed around gain and it is hard to keep quiet if you are not using the proper interconnects or tubes, I loved my mp-3.

If you use a high gain MM cartridge you might want to use gain attenuation plugs which are inexpensive from Ralph, I ordered some for my mp-1 phono stage, that’s the way you would switch the preamp between high and low gain.
Edit 1 - I have a truly balanced system using balanced pre (damn autocorrect always typing pee) and balanced amps, but I have tried single ended amps with no issues as long as the interconnects are properly build.