Atma-sphere M60 II.3-Any good for 4 ohm speaker?

Guys, I like the idea of trying OTL, but, in looking at the mfg. web page, I see the power rating going down to 40 watts for 4 ohm load, and going up to 80 watts for 16 ohm load. I am receiving my speakers next week, and they are 95DB with a 3.8-4 ohm load(Reimer Tetons)What do you think of these amps with a 4 ohm speaker. Also, why does the power go down, not up?

Thanks in advance
711smilin

Showing 4 responses by 711smilin

Trelja, I have not bought them yet, I was thinking of buying the pair for the tsunami auction, for a good cause, and a write off. Email me about yours if you would. I just sold my pair of cardinals, and received the DK today. I also have my VRD's kt88 mono's. But am obsessive with this journey. Call me an audiophool, if you will. I do.
Guys, Thanks for your honest responses, I TT Brian, essential audio and he told me to look elsewhere. I am really thinking about buying another pair of Cardinals, cause I already am missing the 300B magic again. This will be my third pair in 6 months. Nutty hobby, huh? When I receive my speakers, I will start the search again. I have enough new equipment on the way, I guess.
I have 3 pair of Cornwalls(modded)now, the Reimers will be here in 2 weeks or so. I only have 1 room to play, so I combine 1 rack for HT, 1 Rack for 2 channel. Mucho eq in and out on a constant basis, hopefully to stop soon. Revolving door getting to time consuming to enjoy the MUSIC.