Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

@atmasphere Great! I use only balanced cables at home. The other part of the question....can they be made differential from INPUT to OUTPUT, as many conventional SSs are (ML, Pass,Moon, etc)? Is there a point?

The other part of the question....can they be made differential from INPUT to OUTPUT, as many conventional SSs are (ML, Pass,Moon, etc)? Is there a point?

@fredag

Things are a bit different when you’re employing switching technology, but FWIW the comparitor (which is at the heart of any class D amp) we use is a balanced device. The reason to go fully differential (we’ve been doing that with our tube amps longer than anyone else as far as I can make out, since the mid 1980s) is to reduce distortion and noise. The distortion sources in a class D amplifier are very different from what you encounter in regular non-switching circuits. So the need isn’t the same.

Getting back to saved discussions in my email, just got around to reading this.  On balance, informative and educational (thanks, Ralph).  For now, I will stay with my A-S M60's, but stay tuned about these amps.  

Loving my Gold Note PA-10 hybrid class A-D GaN but still listen to my tube amps also.  A class D GaN mosfet nobody seems to have on their radar. 

Brawn and brains: Gold Note’s PA-10 power amplifier | Darko.Audio

I have had the Atmasphere Class D in my system with the MP-3 mk3.3 for over 1 year now and the transparency and resolution are simply amazing 

Happy Owner…HIGHLY RECOMMEND