At what price is one considered an Audiophile.

Audiophilia, what is is it?

Is it the love of music or the equipment that presents the music.

Or is it both? 

What is the cost of admission?

How much does one have to spend on equipment to be considered an Audiophile, if it is truly the later than the music.

What has membership to this perceived exclusive club cost you?

jacobsdad2000

Showing 14 responses by jacobsdad2000

@mrskeptic I simply asked the question and the answers have been very telling. I am very happy.

@jasonbourne71 I guess I am out based on your post. Though AS did a nice review of the Freya + as did Stereophile. 

@2psyop why would you make such an assertion? Is that common in these parts? Is one born into this place? Is this the promised land?  Honestly I really could care less if @bigtwin spent $500k on his system, I wanted to see what you all would answer. These answers tell a lot about this place and who is who and what is what being the new kid here. Guess I will mosey on to the next question, or forum. Hostile here. 

@hilde45 That's how much I spent on dinner with my daughter and her husband last night, well close.. I go off cheap!😎 Was some really good Korean BBQ with K-Pop blaring in the background. 

$132.97

@grh1958 You are all good man. Just had Dylan Mulvany delivering my free Bud Light. 🤣 and she/he asked what an Audiophile was. Though I do know a couple of ladies that enjoy our hobby, I go 4 wheeling with them. 

@jacobsdad2000 Sorry and I don't mean anthing bad about anbody and at this site I have never noticed (and not saying there isn't) any obvious females talking about audio gear. But I do suspect behind every audiophile that is married or lives with a women will get the LOOK 🙄when spending money on thier Audio System.

Roger nails it here in this piece posted on Daily Audiophile today:

https://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/1021/Are_You_Part_Of_The_Eighty_Percent.htm

@bigtwin No one is holding you here at gunpoint, so go!

OK then, the question has been answered and we can all move on to more interesting discussions. Please. 😆

They're 

There logical, informative and entertaining without any of the adolescent nonsense that pervades in many threads on Audiogon