ASSEMBLED IN CHINA

HOW CAN A US BASED COMPANY, MAKE THE INTERNALS, ELECTRONICS PARTS, WOOFERS, TWEETERS, MIDRANGES, CABINETS ETC. ETC. AND THEN SHIP ALL TO CHINA, AND THEN SHIP BACK TO THE GOOD OLD US, AND, THEN TEST AND I GUESS DO SOME KIND  OF QUALITY CONTROL, PACKAGE AND SELL THEM. YOU HAVE OCEAN FREIGHT, AIR FREIGHT, GROUND FREIGHT, ETC.

THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT THIS COUNTRY IS IN DEEP TROUBLE, WE COULD DO THE WHOLE PROCESS HERE AND PUT PEOPLE TO WORK VS PAYING CHEAP LABOR OVERSEAS. THERE IS STILL A LOT OF COST INCURRED EVEN WHEN THEY DO THIS.

ncum001
Coz govermnt said it's OK and encouraged outsourcing for better profits.
Using slaves is even cheaper, but assembly quality may suffer.
The world is actually being divided under world leaders. i don't think USA will be the only one although tries extremely hard to make it happen.
I posted this due to bought a pair of ge triton 1's, they are absolutely stunning for their sound, not the greatest looks though, and I understand why sandy g. kept the cost low, I was so excited when I purchased them, and  was disappointed when on the boxes were assembled in china, oh well I guess this is  the world we live in, I am not disappointed in anyway with them, had them for 6 weeks now, and they are getting better and better. 1 question I have, back when I started buying stereo, early 70's, I remember there was a article in the absolute sound that said to cap off all your unused rca plugs, is this still necessary? thanks for your replys
Even companies like B&W build most of their products in China.

If you watch "Shark Tank" (Friday evenings on ABC), the entrepreneurs often brow beat the people approaching them to invest for building products in the U.S., often saying that they know how to setup production in China as a "selling point" to accept their offers.

When I buy high end products, most of the time, they are built in North America, or Europe, I find we make the best quality of high end products.
Tim Cook of Apple stated that we lost our manufacturing ability long time ago:
“The U.S., over time, began to stop having as many vocational kind of skills,” Cook explained. “I mean, you can take every tool and die maker in the United States and probably put them in a room that we’re currently sitting in. In China, you would have to have multiple football fields.”
In addition many processes like, for instance, Surface Mount electronics are very repeatable and can be done in any country.  My speakers' components were manufactured in Taiwan but assembled and QCd in US.  Black piano finish would be too expensive to make it here and stay competitive.  Picture becomes blurry when you consider foreign companies manufacturing in US.  My old Toyota Avalon has 85% of parts made in US thus is more "American" than any other car.  Is Toyota a foreign company? Is Philips Dutch?  Companies (shares) belong to international investors (including US).  Is place of incorporation important?  One of the largest US companies Tyco was incorporated in Bermuda.  Isn't buying poorly or expensively made product only because it is "Made in USA" counterproductive?