Asking suggestion for $15,000 audio system for classical music

Hello,
I am a new here. I am going to spend $15,000-20,000 to build an audio system for classical music only. Could anyone give me a list which you think is the best for this budget (including turntable, CD player, amplifier, speakers,  sub-woofer and cables)?
Thanks.
classicalguy

Showing 8 responses by tomic601

Right on pick speakers first!
the big room needs floor standers
how important is finish ? Wood veneer ok or want need a more modern automotive paint ?
and very important are you a seated sweet spot listener or a wanderer ?
what table / arm/cart do you have now ? That’s an impressive vinyl collection and investment 
And since you have a fantastic starting budget, put one of Charlie Miller’s tweaks in the budget, evaluation of the sonic differences by you in your room, your system, your tastes will tell you IF you want to go down that “ perfect path “
Also @audiotroy  makes excellent points on the tried and true system approach to the problem. The larger room will probably require a bit more power all other things equal. 
You should also buy Jim Smiths most excellent book on getting better sound
Great info ! Now we can begin

love all the posts recommendations for quarter mile cars when an enduro might be needed .... anyway

from a theoretical point your square room is probably the lesser sounding of the two but the odd shaped ceiling will most likely help a bit. The other larger room with high ceiling and openings will most likely sound better. Will they be furnished with living furniture, etc or the audiophile sterile dedicated room aesthetic?

i will check my Texas network for ideas on reputable dealers.

do you have much vinyl? What service do you use to stream ? Do you have any CD or SACD ?

have fun
A 20x silver belly would be a snack

at this price point go see a reputable dealer with one well recorded warhorse, a chorale, organ and something baroque... take the CD and the LP

dont just flip back and forth, your brain like loud and in your face - this WILL fatigue you over a long song cycle or tone poem...

your good and trusted dealer knows this where are you located ? How big is your room ? Are you expecting orchestral peak SPL? How important are those Tympani ? 
Fun, enjoy the journey, enjoy the music more