Are You a Swifty?

I am. I think she's great.

And You?

128x128jjbeason14

I've been listening to Dylan for decades and decades and I've seen him in concert a few times and I still stand by the fact that he really does not know how to sing.

@simao  , then why have you been listening to him for that long?  I ask that question without intending to be confrontational or sarcastic.

There are tons of great artists that lack technical proficiency, either vocally or instrumentally.  
Technical proficiency in this way is by no means a pre-requisite to being a great artist.  
Conversely, tons of super-technically-proficient performers may bore a listener to tears.

Celine Dion had more voice talent than most all female singers but do not touch Edith Piaf or any great female singer because art ask for a soul or a daimon or poetry something which tylermunns call "art"...

Dion was all his life under the spell of the man who designed and coached her from 13 years old to adulthood and he became his husband. He litterally created her persona . She was for sure talented more than most female singer it is evident . But it is not enough. Piaf sung in the street to eat . We hear his soul not his broken voice.

Tylermunns is then right ... 😊

You can learn to sing better than most...

But you cannot fake "art" or deliver "art" as a gained net profit after working hard...

The great Marian Anderson the greatest singer i ever listened to with Maria Callas never studied really. She was black opera singer at a times where it was a bit hard to emerge. She could rival Billie Holiday any day. And sing Bach or Verdi and Schubert . You cannot learn to sing like her even with a perfect voice. Callas express so much emotions we do not even could say that she had talent or it is because she worked hard. The part that move us cannot be learned nor be fake...

Soul is the part not learned.

I am in love with Anderson or Callas being through the singing. It is more than music there .

by the way Callas can even rival Anderson in the lied and in the blues and gospel and in the jazz, she rival Anderson only in opera. This is why Anderson beat any singer on earth. Whose female singer can rival at the same time Elisabeth Scwarzkopf and Billie Holiday in their own repertoire ? Give me a name ...😁 Good luck...

By the way it is for me the most beautiful woman to ever live... 😊

There are tons of great artists that lack technical proficiency, either vocally or instrumentally.

Staying with a nonsarcastic and nonconfrontational tone: does this put you in the camp of those that maintain that Bob Dylan could not/can not sing?

And in the same tone: if someone cannot paint, can his or her paintings really be art?

More to discover