Are You A Disciplined Audiophile?

The issue of whether break-in is real aside for now, when you make a change in your system, such as a new component or cable, do you have the discipline to wait before making any other changes?  I usually mark my calendar for a month and perhaps 2 months and try to change nothing else for that period of time so I can better assess exactly what the new thing is doing. But sometimes it’s difficult to wait. IMO, break in is a real thing, both in the component and the listener, but even if you don’t believe components and cables change after a few days, can you wait at least a month to listen to enough music to adjust your ears to what the new thing brings to the system on its own?  

chayro

Disciplined audiophile is like saying moderate fanatic. Contradiction in terms!

I am a disciplined audiophile ...😊 Why ?

Because i refrained my ignorant instinctual impulse need for novelty out of my audio frustration because i learned among other  mechanical and electrical basics, acoustics basic concepts. I experimented with it one i get a low cost synergetical system ready to be improved  ...

I became creative instead of staying a passive collectors of  always costlier gear pieces and now i had great sound and no urge for any upgrade...

Then contradictions can exist in logic only when we claim that  there is only  two roads opposing each other ...

But a crossroad is not a contradiction it is a moment of choice : studying and experimenting ...

Or starting nowhere and going nowhere in a race to purchase or staying in place without moving listening our not so good stereo... . .😁

Listen to some Sparklehorse guys and move on, Trust me, it will sound better to you on a subsequent listen...

Sorry about the comma where the period should have been, you people had me rattled before coffee.