are there any fans of the Oppo BDP-95 out there? (vs. Oppo 105D).

I bought one used.  I swear,  it sounds better than my newer Oppo BDP 105D player. Quite the bargain! 

Ted.

lovepianos

Used Oppo players are a great bargain. I never owned a 95, but like you I bought a new 105D, which was good. When the last batch of 205 players became available, the company reached out to me to be put on the list to purchase one. I bought a new 205 and it sounds better than the 105, so I'm happy with it. I recommended Oppo to a friend of mine. He was looking to buy a new and inexpensive cd player. He bought a used 103 in excellent condition for a cheap price. He keeps thanking me for the advice. In the past I read many articles about people using 95s and they really liked them.  

I read the oppo 95 has good power and I won’t be surprise OP if it’s better than 105D.

I like mine a lot. Sounds good 2-channel out into my preamp, also as a transport via SPDIF into my DAC.

I wish it had HDMI input on the front panel like the later models.

I've been recording music DVDs using Mac software called Toast.  One disk can hold over 8 hours of music.  All AIFF files 24/192  It's a great way to go!

I think they changed to ESS Sabre DAC in the 103/105.  I prefer my 105 to the ninety series, but ymmv