Arcam SA30 vs Denon PMA- A110

Hi Audiogon Fam, I currently have the Arcam SA30 and want to upgrade in sound quality. I have really been keeping an eye on the Denon PMA -A110. Ive heard great things about it. I will be using the Arcam ST60 as the source for streaming and Focal Aria 936 K2 Speakers. Any input would really help me. Thanks. 

128x128edwinf

@wharfy Awesome! The Arcam SA30 is the only integrated amp I've ever had so  I have nothing to conpare it to. I like that it is detailed but not bright. If I may say even a bit warm. I like the pairing with my Focal Aria 936 K2's. I also have Polk Audio Lsim 703's ,Jbl Studio 503's, Klipsh RP-600M's and Polk Audio Monitor 10A's. I think all the speakers sound good with the amp but my favorite are the Focals but they are also the more expensive ones. The soundstage is realistic and good separation of insteuments and good imaging but I want more lol Thanks again 

I kinda see this as a lateral move at best ...

I'd poke around on The Music Room ... it has a Hegel H80 in your budget.  TMR has very good reputation ... a considerable leap forward!

@blackbag20 I've heard great things about Hegel too.

So are tou saying the Denon PMA-A110 is in the same ball park as the Hegel H80?

@edwinf -"So are tou saying the Denon PMA-A110 is in the same ball park as the Hegel H80?"

@blackbag20 -"I’d poke around on The Music Room ... it has a Hegel H80 in your budget."

If soundstage and resolution are at the top of your list, the Hegel will be more resolving in all dimensions than the Denon because it has greater neutrality. I don't think you lose any presence going with the Hegel, when compared with the Denon, because your Focal are forward sounding speakers. The Hegel is also well-engineered and manufactured.