Apple Lossless? Do I need Tidal now. Is it better with my Node 2i?

I thought i knew...turns out I dont.

Have been using Apple Music (legacy) and Tidal for the last 2 years.

- Apple Music (for legacy iTunes) via AirPlay to my Node 2i.
- Tidal for HiRes via Tidal app to my Node 2i.

Now that Apple has Lossless and Hi-Res, and most music I listen to, I have questions and seek your help:

1. Do I still need Tidal?
2. Is "Tidal Connect" to my Node 2i better than AirPlay?

I have a Chord Qutest DAC with external LPS, Belles Aria Sig amp and Dynaudio S-40s with Audience AU24 cables.
Thanks,
Ian
ianrmack
Hi, guys…I’m the OP and I really appreciate the info.

So, if I get this right, I can use Apple Music and stream cd quality Lossless now via airplay to my node 2i then onto my chord Qutest?

if I am getting cd quality from Apple Music and airplay, then I am all set as, since SACD hype, have never experienced an appreciable sonic difference even with $10k+ audio system.
So, if I get this right, I can use Apple Music and stream cd quality Lossless now via airplay to my node 2i then onto my chord Qutest?

Correct on CD quality Lossless from Apple Music via Airplay.

I don’t have an answer about Node 2i then onto the Chord Qutest.

Apple Music adding lossless streaming to entire catalog at no extra cost, Spatial Audio support with Dolby Atmos. This function is very helpful for music lovers. I have using Apple Music for 3 years, but all of us are locked by Apple Music DRM. We can't keep, transfer or share the DRM-ed Apple Music songs. Here I want to share another way to get Apple Music at 320kbps high quality and enjoy them everywhere. I used this helpful tool - TunesBank Apple Music Converter. It helped me convert Apple Music songs to MP3 at 320kbps, and now I can take my Apple Music library everywhere (transfer Apple Music to my USB disk, iPod Nano 5th, Apple Watch, etc.)!