Anything SS sounds better than D'Agostino ?

I never heard his amps, but some writers say just that - nothing transistor sounds better.
What do you think ? 
I listened on youtube a few systems with D'Agostino amps and preamps and liked a lot what I heard.

inna

Showing 3 responses by jg2077

Inna, I dont have the MBL 111F or the Vitus SIA-25 anymore.  Im blessed to have the space to store my items (climate controlled and out of the way).  I do have a modest and treated dedicated listening room.  

The guys from Coda are ex Threshold employees.  Again, I can vouch and attest to the high power full class A Coda amps.

Hans, from Vitus is a class act individual.

Respectfully,
Jose
Inna, I enjoy listening to music and also take great joy in auditioning gear.  Consequently, I collect (hoard) much gear.  As has been stated before, synergy is key (everything).  For example, I have a pair of fully rebuilt ML 33H, these amps pair up well with my Talon Phoenix speakers (ceramic drivers), however, my Pass XS300 and Krell KAS sound better with my Rockport Cygnus than when using the ML 33H.  Additionally, I have several Pass Aleph amps which sound sublime when paired up with my Altec Malibu speakers.  I have several JBL (4343, 4350, 4430, the original Everest) which pair up well with tube amps and SS pre-amps.  I prefer my Boulder 2050 to my 2060.  I had the Vitus SM 101 Mk1, but preferred my other amps and thus sold the Vitus.  My Krell KSA 200 pairs up very well with my Duntech Princess speakers.  In regards to the D'Agostino S-250, it's a great amp, reminds me of the older Pass amps.  Pick your poison...

respectfully,
Jose
Inna, a few more to consider;
The Vitus SIA-25 is spectacular, assuming your speakers arent power hungry.  I used the SIA-25 with a pair of MBL 111-F for a while.  Coda products are HIGHLY underrated.  I prefer full class A Coda amps; these are giant killers, trust me. Additionally, Coda pre-amps are tremendous.

I own a Coda S-100 with matching pre; wont get rid this combination for anything.

Respectfully,
Jose