Anyone use auto lifters? Opinions

I must be getting lazy in my old age. I keep wishing someone would raise my tonearm for me. Sometimes you are just involved in something and putting it down to lift the tonearm is a pain. There are several auto lifters on the market. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they work reliably and are they easy enough to trip that you do not have to worry about you tonearm and cartridge?
128x128mijostyn
The Tru Lift is a nightmare.  Needs tweeked every couple of days.  Raises on it’s own, pushes my $5,000 stylus across records.  Just ordered the Audio Technica.
Agree, I got mine to work but it was too violent making a loud noise even with the felt strips applied. I also got the Audio Technica lift. It too was not without problems. The anti skate would slowly pull the tonearm off the lifting platform with obvious results. I took a Dremel tool and created a slight depression in the platform just in front of the shaft. That cured the issue permanently. Couldn't be happier. 
Have both the Tru- lift and the Little Fvend.
the latter works flawlessly for years now with my VPI prime. I tried the Trulift with two different TT and arm/cartridge but can’t make it work
arms bounce off of it like they hit a wall even at softest setting
@sancho22, @sm - I had the exact same experience.

OP - Little Fwend is the top tier lifter on the market today and yes - its pricey for what it does.  But.., well worth it and come in two sizes, so should fit most turntables.

The problem for the Little Fwend is the Audio Technica works just as well, comes with a complete set of spacers, one size fits all and costs 1/2 as much. The little Fwend is better looking.
@sancho22 , Is the trigger mechanism of the Little Fwend controlled by a magnet and not just spring loaded?