Anyone Try a Mutech Hayabusa MC Cartridge with a Channel D Lino C Phono Stage

Has anyone tried the above combination and what do you think of the sonic presentation?

eaneverson

Hi,

I think you should spend a little more and go for the My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX. It might be an ultimate combination with the Lino C and between the two of them an ultimate value for sure. I have not heard the Hayabusa or looked at it under the microscope, but I have the Ultra Eminent which is handily up there with the best. Give it's 0.6 ohm impedance and rather high output it's signal to noise ratio will be extraordinary giving it the widest dynamic range possible. 

@rauliruegas thank you for your input on the Hyabusa but the cartridges you referenced are at least double the cost and wouldn’t it be a stretch to expect the same level of performance from the Hyabusa?

@mijostyn  the concern with Ultra Eminent Ex would be the gain, at the the Lino 0db setting the gain would be around 74db which would be too high I think.

My current phono is set for 64db which translates to between 12-1 o’clock at my listening level with that much gain at a guess this would drop to maybe 9 o’clock on my preamp.

Post removed 

@eaneverson   :  

No I'm not referenced the Lyra ones that came from the reviewer, I just said that your Umami is good enough in those transientes response  in MUSIC, I listened in my  system and in that regards competes with top cartridges. Tha's all.

R.