Anyone notice this with PrimaLuna EVO 400 remote??

Just wondered if any PrimaLuna EVO 400 preamp or integrated owners have noticed how imprecise the volume control is with the remote? The increase with the lightest touch of the button (if you hold it down, it will get away from you quick), is significantly louder (softer if you're lowering the volume) from the previous step thus making fine adjustment up or down impossible.  Is it just me or have others found that too? 

For some this may be no big deal because they may have dedicated listening rooms where they can set it and go, but unfortunately I get frequent interruptions in a non dedicated listening space and therefore quick and subtle volume adjustments are needed. But beyond that, I don't want to go from soft to LOUD with one push of a button. I want to hear those levels in between as well--without having to get up to walk up to the unit and change manually.  I know this will confound some here, but this lack of control is kind of deal breaker for me. YMMV.  
cabalaska

Showing 1 response by russ69

Yes it's too coarse but my biggest complaint is that aluminum remotes feel cold to the touch. Really cold.