Anyone listen to the Dodson 218 DAC?

I have asked this Q before but got now answer. I think by now somebody must have experince with this DAC. Can it compete with the now so popular Meitner DAC 6 on reedbook?
128x128ulf
Unfortunately the Dodsons never were the serious D/A processors and they are always were meant only to impress the Hi-Fi idiotism of the audio reviewers and the AA’s moronic taste. Why do you think their new model would be different then the 217?

Rgs,
Romy the Cat
My problem with the Dodson 2l8 (and the reason I went in a different direction) is that if you had a 2l7 Mk II D, the upgrade offered would only get you about 30% of the way to a 218. To go to the 218 would involve selling the 217 for about $3500.00 (50% depreciation) and then forking over another $4500.00 for the 218. This is why I got rid of both the Sony SCD 777ES, and the Dodson 217, and got the Esoteric DV-50, which plays redbook CD's better than the 217, plus excellent playback of SACD's and DVD Audio discs.
There are a rave review of dodson 218 on new internet zine Ultimate Audio. But thats the first time I read something of 218 on the net. Nobody seems to have bougth the DAC since I have asked 4 times on Audiogon and Audioasylum on opinions and got no anser.
Hi - I'm sorry I can't help you on this. I do find it surprising that no one visiting on-line audio sites seems to have heard the 218. I also find it strange that definitive comparisons of the 217II-D, before and after the latest upgrade, are pretty much non-existent. As a happy owner of that DAC, I find both of these things quite frustrating.