Anyone hear SF Venere's? Thougts?

Hello All,

I'm planning to upgrade my current speakers (Hales Revelation 3) with Sonus Faber Venere 2.5. I did listen to them and kind of liked their price/performance ratio. I heard them through Prima Luna Dialog tube amp and Nottingham spacedeck TT. Currently I power the Hales with DK Designs VS.1 Reference MK II. The set-up sounds good but I feel it's missing the mid-lower base (about 60-200Hz). Running hales through tube amp is a tough proposition because of how inefficient the Hales are.

My question is, would it be an upgrade/downgrade/lateral move with SF Venere?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Best Regards/Stay Well
livin_262002
Hello Mezzanine,

Thank you. The Hales were good speakers but the SF 2.5 bettered them in the mids and highs. You're absolutely right, the Hales had a 10" Peerless bass driver and a 4.5" custom Vifa midrange. The tweeters were off the shelf Vifas.

The Hales mids were good but the presence was missing (could have been a bad match with the amp). The SF 2.5s are a little forward (but definitely not in-my-face) when compared to Hales but I'm liking that forwardness. I did have to supplement 2.5s with a Velodyne sub to get the lower notes. I used Organ music to set-up the sub's X-over and volume. It blends in nicely with the main speakers.

Also I just replaced my phono stage, a Monolithic Sound PS-1 with the HC-1B power supply with EAR 834p. The improvement is amazing.

Good Luck with your amp hunting for the Cremonas.
I auditioned the 2.5s then bought the 3.0s sound-unheard since they only had the 3.0s in the remote warehouse. I'm tickled -pink with them only on day 2. these speakers LOVE CJ 60W/ch KT120 power tubes. I find them very involving/toe-tapping even at low volume- terrific sound per $ .
Seven years after the last post in this thread...........Today is March 6 2020 and the Venere line is discontinued. They came out in late 2012 and 8 years later...this speakers ( I have the white 2.5 ) still sound magnificent . Now they are available for average $1,500 
I heard them several times at dealers when they came out and enjoyed them a lot. A very musical and warm speaker with nice detail too.
Don't tempt me. I need no more speaker. But, at $1400 for a nice used pair, folks should smile and buy, if they like them.