Anyone familiar with McIntosh 122 Amplifier ?

Going to purchase a 122. Has anyone had experience with that model - good, bad or indifferent. Will be using C 20 pre-amplifier or an MX-110. Have 60s that need recapping so I'm looking at something newer while debating.
whl248

Showing 1 response by jalen01

Not an expert here. But, I think it's a decent little amp. One of the first Mcintosh amps that I've heard. I'm now seeking an all Mcintosh set-up myself, If that gives you an idea of how much I liked it (I got a mc7100 now trying to figure which Preamp to mate with it). The MC122 only pushes 80/120 8ohm/4ohms respectively. So, it would be interesting to know what speakers you plan on pushing with it. The Set-up I Orignally heard it on was mated with either a MC41/42 (?) preamp, with a Sony ES 9000 DVD, and a pair of low budget Paradigm mini-monitors. Quite frankly, one of the sweetest sounding set-ups I ever heard (and I've heard a few). All the Audiophile terms apply with this set-up (Soundstaging, Air, Imaging, pace, decay of notes, just sounded more like the real thing).

Hey, good luck with your search. Please drop a review\ tread with mcintosh in the title once your set-up is comlete (I'll be sure to read it).

Jalen