Anyone demo or using new B&W 683 S2

I had a very good demo with them over the weekend. I'm seriously considering bringing home a pair to demo. I heard them with a Marantz pre/pro amp combo in direct mode stereo. The only thing that concerned me was maybe a tad too much "sparkle" in the lower treble upper mids. But that only showed up occasionally. I spent a couple hours with them. If anyone reading this has demoed or has the 683 S2 I'd appreciate any thoughts. TIA.

Cheers,

Scott
128x128samac
mwoltmann,

You revived my old thread. It took me more than a year after posting that to finally get the 683 S2s. 

I listened at length to many speakers under $2k; there are some great speakers out there.

The 683 S2s won the day. I've been very pleased with my purchase. They are one of the best speakers under $2k available today.

Cheers,

Scott
@joey_v 

I agree. It's nice to read your POV with your extensive experience with very high-end speakers.

I hope to enjoy them for many years. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the Continuum mid-range driver to make it to the 600 series? When that happens I may be due for an upgrade.

Cheers,

Scott