Anybody stop using power conditioning?

Has anybody ever purchased a powerline conditioner, liked it, but, then ultimately decide to take it out of the system? Is there a point at which very high-end components overcome the shortcomings of the ac coming from your wall?
crazy4blues
Musicfirst (and Sean or anyone else more knowledgeable than myself): Regarding the question of 240v lines (and disregarding your proviso about requiring a much longer discussion ;^) , isn't it true that not only can such lines potentially sound different because of factors revolving around their higher voltage, but also because of their inherently balanced nature? Albert alluded to it above, and my experience would also seem to lend support to the contention that balanced AC 'first does no harm', as you put it. For me, it has either made no difference over unbalanced AC (keeping everything else about the power delivery the same, as the API Power Wedge Ultra's switchable iso-tranny center-taps allow you to do), or it's done something positive (sometimes quite so) - depending on the component in question - but switching to balanced has never, ever caused a performance drop with any component. If I am correct in my thinking about 240v being an inherently balanced line, is this not a way Albert (or anyone) could explore (through the necessary modifications to existing gear where applicable) running balanced AC without having to purchase expensive transformers, or to comtemplate possible downsides stemming from adding any device in series with the line? Whatever else we may or may not elect to do power-delivery-wise, could this be the 'free lunch', in effect, that the vast majority of us in audiophiledom are missing from our systems?
Zaikesman - you may be on to something. Although others in this post have rejected PS Audio power plants (which is fine, to each his own), I have a P300 and find it very beneficial. When I lived in England, I inquired with PS Audio about running it from 240v mains (while still outputing 120v). PS Audio responded (and it may have been Paul McGowan who sent me the e-mail, I don't recall for sure) that not only was it possible to switch the P300 internally to run off 240v, it was beneficial, due to the balanced nature of the 240v mains. I never actually got around to doing it, as it would have required a new power cord with UK std three-prong plug, so i can't personally vouch for the results. But I do place a fair amount of faith in PS Audio's opinion..certainly there was no potential gain to them in exaggerating the benefits of running the unit off 240v.

BTW, the output of the Power Plants is balanced as well...the 120v at the outlets is really +/- 60v.
Capeguy

I dont know if the moderators will allow posts about specific equipment, but since you asked, I will try to post the technical aspects of the products' design.

The Foundation Research line of noise reduction products consists of two models of bi-directional, integrated line conditioner/power cords. That is, they are an 8 foot power cord with a line conditioner hard wired in the middle of the cord! The LC1 and the LC2 are designed to be dedicated to a single audio component, isolating the component from the noise carried through the A/C power as well as preventing component generated noise from entering the A/C power grid.
The smaller of the two line conditioners, the LC1 is capable of delivering 6/8 amps RMS/peak (720/960 watts RMS/peak @ 120 V) with a total loop resistance of < 0.2 ohms and is designed for source components, preamps and even (especially) electrostatic speakers.
The larger LC2 is a 20/28 amp RMS/peak component (2400/3360 watts RMS/peak @ 120 V!) with a total loop resistance of <0.1 ohms and designed for small and medium power amplifiers. There is an LC3 currently in the prototype stage designed for 40/60 amps RMS/peak (4800/7200 watts RMS/peak @ 120 V!!)service for the largest amplifiers with dedicated A/C mains.
The third component of the noise reduction system are called Noise Loads or NL1s. A pair of these devices placed in parallel across each termination point of the speaker cables provide an extremely effective RF/EMI 'sink' for the speaker cables, without being in the signal path.

Kerry Legeard
Music First Distribution