a) these are the greatest bargain out there for bookshelf/monitor speakers, OR,
b) the descriptive hype is way over the top

Anybody actual heard these?
bostonwheeler
Rickmon,

Well, I pulled the trigger on a pair today. We'll
see what happens when they get here.
Will run them on tubes.
Hmmm... just a little suspicious after following the audioreview link on TAD's site where one "Randall Johnson" (a pen name, perhaps?) gives a lengthy and glowing review of these speakers - It reads much like the ad copy on the site... plus lines like "I really can’t tell you how much I love this pair! Just Buy them!" and "The purchase price is too low - hard to compare. Keep in mind the suggested list price of $1899 when shopping." Maybe just me, but something seems fishy - we've all seen this before where a vendor creates his own positive buzz to promote sales... just my 2 cents.
Since having posted my earlier comment, I've checked out reviews of other Bizzy Bee products by A'gon members (and elsewhere) to find it seems there's a loyal following due to a very good quality product being offered at a very fair price. Perhaps the "Randall Johnson" review is just harmless free advertising, but is it really needed? The products obviously speak for themselves - I may even make a purchase at some point - With the in-home trial & return policy, those prices sure are tempting...
The 805SD are as good as advertised. I bought mine used just because they looked great and the seller said they were very musical. No doubt the midrange is amazing. The bass is more than adequate and solidly tuneful with great responsiveness. The highs add to things and give an overall natural sound if a bit limited in the extremes. Overall, a very non-fatiguing, smooth sound worthy of much more expensive speakers. I also bought the matching cherry wood sub and it does very well indeed. I got both for less than mu Usher 520s cost and the sound is worlds better albeit 2.1 vs stereo. Paul of TAD is to be commended.