Any thoughts on a solid hickory platform under my tt

I have access to some beautiful 2" thick hickory butcher block instead of maple any thoughts on vibration control vs maple 
128x128oleschool
Just FYI, I ended up with a Corian platform on my wall shelf when I had the Linn.  It sounded significantly better to my ears than glass or wood.  I left it there when I bought my Basis and never bothered to try anything else with it.  But don't overlook Corian, is my point. 
Corian is a very dense material i fabbed it for many year when i was a woodworker . I think it becomes a personal choice of sound and ascetics..  
If interested, I wrote this review on a similar line: https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/symposium-segue-iso-2

I had a maple butcher I used with my turntable and was amazed at how little isolation the maple provided.

Yes and that pairing or tuning to your setup ..  Which varies .. I may try walnut it matches my classic and walmounted on steel with spikes and my classics feet i doubt my beat up ears will hear any difference between almost any in this mount .. Jmho ..